This June, community partners Crystal Bridges and the Momentary are proud to collaborate with a vibrant array of events in celebration of LGBTQ+ Pride Month. The programming, designed for individuals of all ages and identities, promises an inclusive and unforgettable experience.
Queer Film Festival with NWA Equality: A Cinematic Journey of LGBTQ+ Stories
Immerse yourself in the power of queer storytelling with our Queer Film Festival, presented in collaboration with NWA Equality. This extraordinary event features FREE movie screenings, showcasing a diverse range of feature films and documentaries that center on LGBTQ+ storylines and experiences. The Momentary’s RØDE House and Fermentation Hall will be transformed into classic and draft house-style theaters, utilizing state-of-the-art sound and visuals to create a captivating cinema lounge experience.
The festivities commence on June 3 at noon, offering a day filled with films, delectable food, refreshing drinks, and engaging activities for all ages. As the day progresses, the films and festivities become more vibrant and dynamic, allowing guests to choose their preferred experience. From heartwarming stories to thought-provoking narratives, our film selections will cater to a variety of tastes and interests.
- What: FREE movie screenings featuring queer storylines and experiences
- Where: The Momentary, 507 SE E St. Bentonville, AR 72712
- When: June 3, 2023 | 12 noon – 10 p.m.
- RØDE House Show Schedule:
- 12-2 p.m.: Love, Simon (PG-13, 1h 50min)
- 2:30-4:30 p.m.: To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar (PG-13, 1hr 50min)
- 6-7:30 p.m.: But I’m A Cheerleader (R, 1hr 24min)
- 8-10 p.m.: The Birdcage (R, 1hr 58min)
- Fermentation Hall Show Schedule:
- 12-1:30 p.m.: Do I Sound Gay (1hr 17min)
- 2-4 p.m.: Gender Revolution (1hr 35min)
- 4:30-6 p.m.: Paris is Burning (R, 1hr 16min)
- 6-8 p.m.: How to Survive a Plague (1hr 50min)
- Who: Northwest Arkansas Equality, an organization dedicated to serving, connecting, and empowering the LGBTQ+ community.
- How: The event is FREE, but tickets are required for entry.
Teen Night: Rainbow Disco – Celebrating Pride with the Next Generation
Join Crystal Bridges and the Momentary on June 9 from 6-8 p.m. for Teen Night: Rainbow Disco, an exhilarating event designed by teens for teens. Presented and organized by the Crystal Bridges Teen Council, this vibrant evening will feature dance beats by DJ Girlfriend, a former member of the Teen Council. Prepare to be inspired by the artmaking activities provided by Mt. Sequoyah’s F.Y.R.E. After School program and enjoy a silent disco in the Great Hall. Teens will have the opportunity to explore all the galleries free of charge, fostering a sense of creativity and community engagement.
Parents and guardians are welcome to relax in our dedicated Guardian Lounge while their teenagers revel in the festivities. Thanks to the generous support of The Simmons Family Fund and Paramount Global, this event is completely FREE for attendees between the ages of 14 and 18.